Monday, August 6, 2007

Wal-Mart Fact of the Day


In July, 2006 in one of the first in a wave of recent recalls to hit Wal-Mart, the Consumer Product Safety Commission “announced the recall of over 750,000 office chairs sold exclusively” by the retail giant. The CPSC “said that the legs and back of the Mainstays Associate Office Chairs pose a risk of break or tipping over. Wal-Mart said its US stores had sold the chairs nationwide from April 2003 to April 2006 for about $36”. [Office Products International, August 1, 2006]

1 comment:

xLinkinParkFanx said...

Great site, I found your blog while researching walmart. I am new to blogging and I am looking for help/advice on covering the Akron area elections. I would like to start with a comparison of Joe Finley and Mayor Plusquellic but I am having trouble with the research. Do you know of any good information sources I can use? I have already tried their websites but it all seems like fluff, the ABJ has not been much help either. Any help you could give me would be appreciated!

Thanks!
lynne